Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!

It took an hour and a half, but I did it!

I had a new polling place place this year, as I just moved to my current neighborhood a little over a year ago.
I always enjoy seeing the inside of unfamiliar schools, so I was pumped!
No, really. I'm serious.

Anyway...when I got to PS 6 at 43 Snyder Avenue, the line of voters was spilling out of the school and wrapping around two sides of the building. At 11:45am!
It was so exciting to be surrounded by so many other voters...I've never experienced an election where people CARE so much. Refreshing.

Pretty much everyone was in good spirits. It actually felt a little bit like waiting in line for a popular ride at an amusement park. The folks who had finished voting came out of the school with a smile and a bounce in their step, and they assured those of us still waiting in line, "It's worth it!"

Once inside the school, we were led directly to the gym, which was a somewhat organized madhouse. The lines for each district were long and nearly intertwining, and it took a minute to navigate through and find my proper spot...but I did! And I voted! And it did feel especially awesome this year.

No comments: