Thursday, June 26, 2008

On a side note...

I've had a few celebrity sightings in the retail store I manage, but yesterday's sighting was the funnest to date (yes, sometimes "funnest" is a real word).

Yesterday, I sold a pair of reading glasses to Steven Tyler of Aerosmith fame (or Liv Tyler's father fame, depending on your point of view).
He looked like a total rockstar. I think rockstars aren't allowed to leave their homes unless they have on the tight pants/vintage-y tight button down shirt uniform. I base this theory solely on my single Steven Tyler interaction and my sales interaction with Ric Ocasek years ago (he bought some colored pencils from me at an art supplies store. I definitely remember some purple velvet in the ensemble).

The only thing that could have made yesterday's experience more awesome would have been if Stevey had broken into song. It almost happened...he started improvising a tune under his breath to the world music pumping through the store's speakers. So close!

2 comments:

sk said...

hee, so cool! (yes, I am still reading... and that reminds me, I should probably get writing on my own blog...)

Catherine said...

Yay, Shanan is still in the hiz-ouse! I promise to write more regularly...you, too, okay?