Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cable!

Oh man oh man...for the first time in my life, I have cable.

The CableVision technician came to my apartment yesterday. He arrived over an hour later than my scheduled 3-hour installation block, and he had to return an hour after he finished when I discovered that the first cable box he'd given me was defective...but I forgive all of this, for I now have cable.

It's almost overkill y'all...I mean, I now have, I think, over a hundred channels. And they all come through clearly!!!
Two days ago, I had to hold my broken rabbit ears antenna in my hand at a certain angle in the hopes that I'd get lucky and be able to recognize facial features on the programs of couple network channels.

Wow.

And I don't even have premium cable. I don't have any of that "pause live TV!" or "save your programs and watch 'em later!" hooey, either. I think if I had all of that, I might just explode.

Yes, I know that eventually the thrill will probably fade, and that I will become aware of just how much nothing can be found on 100+ channels.
But tonight? Tonight, I am celebrating. And vegging out. A lot.

No comments: