Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Goin' to PA...

I'm heading to Pennsylvania early tomorrow morning to volunteer with the Obama campaign for two days.

I have voted in every Presidential election since I've been old enough to vote (my first vote was for Clinton in 1996 - remember Rock the Vote? Ah, memories)...but this election is the first one that has me motivated to get involved in the campaign process. I want Obama to win too much to just show up and vote on election day. This year, I feel the need to do more. The last thing I want is for McCain to win and to find myself saying, "Is there anything else I could have done to prevent this?"

So I'm pretty glad I'm able to get to PA tomorrow...looking forward to it!

On a side note...my lovely, lovely new cable was having problems all week (oh no!)...my first box didn't work correctly, and then my replacement box was on the fritz all week... I am now on my third cable box, and I think this one's the charm...no trouble yet! So great! I am watching the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC as I write this. I have never seen the Rachel Maddow show before...and, hey, I know that MSNBC is completely in the tank for Obama and definitely biased (which can be a bit annoying - I like my news a bit more balanced...um, not FoxNews, no), but...this is totally entertaining. I am loving having all this political coverage right before the election. Yay!

No comments: